Embracing reality - that is definitely my motto of the day. The moment I stopped overreacting and allowing things to run its course, I believe everything just pretty much fell in place. I also believe it is God's way of saying "Let go and let me do my thing. If you do not let go of the reigns, I cannot commandeer the path of your life."
The hardest things (which I am still in the process of learning) is to completely surrender every need, desire, hope, dream, aspiration (pretty much everything - you get the idea) to Him who knows all and gives all. The problem with me is that I surrender at one point and then fall back into the pattern of trying to take charge of my life once again. My hope is that I will learn to surrender completely and let God direct my footsteps.
1 Corinthians 1 Vs 25 says "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom..."
In His wisdom and foolishness, he has carried me and held my hand through troubled waters. There are days when I feel like screaming at Him because I feel like He doesn't hear my prayer, but my own doubt and foolishness has led me to believe that. There has never been a moment in my life where He has let me down even in all the moments of my unfaithfulness.
I know He has allowed me to go through the pain I have experienced so that I may become a better person. Bad things are allowed to happen because it is God's way of teaching us life lessons. Although our God is a forgiving God, He will teach us lessons in a loving way which will allow us to understand that He does it for our own good and that we are better than what we think we are in our moments of weakness.
I just want to end this with a reminder to myself that there will be heartaches and bad things that will happen but God will be with me all the way and there is no doubt about it. He has never let me down and He will always remain faithful even in my moments of weakness.
No comments:
Post a Comment