Background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lascia Ch'io Pianga


So this is me singing during a concert a few years back. Not many people I know are fans of opera and classical music but I'm glad my mum and dad pushed me to take classical vocal lessons. Although I have stopped my classes for over two years now, I still occasionally miss those days. I stopped a while after my dad passed away and it was hard dealing with it especially with all the memories of him sitting through my classes and watching me sing.

I sang this song during the 2007 Malaysian Youth Music Festival and I won the vocal category. My mum and dad were with me with my sister and then boyfriend. Dad was so proud of me; he cried tears of joy. He passed away a week after that competition and I felt it pointless to continue with vocal classes because I had lost my number one fan.

My mum still pushes me to go back to my vocal classes and I know it may be a painful process but I might just consider it this time around. Who knows...maybe the pain has eased.

Anyways, here's the song but this was from a music concert...

No comments:

Post a Comment