Background

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fighting Reality




Come menace of the night
Take me back to irrevocable solace
Lend me your dagger
And be swift my hands,
To pry the agony from this living corpse
No more! I say, No More!
I refuse to succumb to this misery and grief.

I am but a lost soul
I am but a fragile being
I am but who I am
Yet in the abyss of distant memories
I ponder my very existence
Were I created for earthly torment,
I would gladly surrender myself to the hands of Hades


Deprive me not of my yearning for bliss
Leave me be!
Leave me be!
Spare me this life I did not choose
My being can endure no more tragedy
Leave me to rest in eternal peace


Have these eyes not shed enough tears?
Has this heart not received enough blows?
Have these hands not clasped enough in pleading?
Release me from these bonds of brokenness
Let me live the remaining days of my life
Let me be contented
 

No comments:

Post a Comment