Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

One of those days

I need to get away from everything and everyone. I think I need time for myself but the more time I spend alone, the more I feel as if I am my own worst enemy. The thoughts that come to mind scratch away whatever ounce of self-confidence I have and I realize it is my own doing. I am my own joy and my own pain.

What others say or do just adds fuel to the burning fire within. Why do I let it get to me? I don't know. Perhaps it's a conditional thing. If so, then what. I dwell too easily on things said to me and I wish I could change that about me. The worst thing is knowing that the people around you know that you have this insecurity but yet use it to their advantage unintentionally.

I can't believe how many selfish times I've used the word I. Some may say I'm a self-loathing narcissist which is kind of an oxymoron to think about it.

tbc...

No comments:

Post a Comment