Background

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love Letter

Dear God,

How are you? Heaven looks mighty fine from where I'm sitting so I'm guessing you're doing pretty good. Allow me to say that you did a really good job with the weather today - not too sunny and not too cold either. Just the right temperature...Bravo! :)

So this isn't the most conventional way of talking to you but at least I know you are listening (or reading). I have alot on my mind and I needed to write it down to let you know how I'm doing. Well, for starters I can't complain much about life because I know you don't throw the 'poopies' that come my way. It's all people's doings and probably my own fault at times. 

In general, I actually do love my life considering I have a roof over my head, a family that loves me, friends that care for me. But mostly because I know I have You every step I take. I know You're there when I'm up in cloud 9 or when I've hit rock bottom. I know I can always count on You for anything and although I can't see You or hear You, I can always feel Your presence. Always in front of me holding my hand and walking me through the storm.

However, I do have a few laments and complains. Well, I feel like I'm about to hit rock bottom again. Let's just say I still haven't gotten the hang of relationships and friendships yet. I still need alot of work in that department. I feel like I've lost the will to love. I mean don't me wrong...I love YOU but I'm just getting tired of looking for love in all the wrong places. I loved and I was loved but love went away...So right now I feel a little bit empty inside. I mean you know all the details so there's no need to make this a thesis right...

So, all I ask is if you could point me in the right direction as to what I should do instead because I don't think Mr.Right is going to be knocking on my door any time soon. I guess I'll leave it in Your capable hands. Oddly, at times I do enjoy this new found liberty of being single but other times its feels like a really lonely place to be. But hey, at least I know I have You! :)
Anyways, I'm not going to bug You more. I'm sure You have other things to do right now, but I just need a favour if I may. I just pray that even if I loose out on love, just let my true friends be with me during these difficult times. It's sad when I see friends change so drastically and become someone I'd never thought they would be. I'm sure You know what that's like. I can't imagine being in Your shoes...Having sent down Jesus to save mankind and still struggling to get us to love You... :( I pray that I  will always remember You and never forget the kindness You have shown me..

Thank you for being part of my life, God. I love You! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment