Background

Friday, June 28, 2013

Give Me Patience and Strength to Persevere

What is the purpose of weekends if all I am back for is to slave away? Why do I need to spend 5 days a week away from home working like a mad dog only to return home to work even more?

Here I am sitting at my laptop inspired to work on a project for the church and an overbearing voice in the background tells me "Hello! Start cleaning! You can do all that during your free time!"

When is my free time I wonder?

I am a punching bag for others to let go their stresses and frustrations yet in my moments, whom do I turn to? Who will hear my cry? Lord, I know you're there and I know you hear me. I know you've sent people to hear me too so I do not hold so many burdens in my heart. I just pray that you will give me patience and perseverance in these hours of frustration.

Allow me to be an instrument of peace among those I love. May I not be a stumbling block or a wedge for those who need to make amends and may I have the ability to not take to heart all that is being poured out to me by others in their frustrations.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment