I am in the midst of writing the Christmas play for this years Christmas at church and I am indeed having a fun time doing it for obvious reasons. Christmas in definitely my most favorite time of the year and its the joyousness of the occasion that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) I mean who could not love Christmas?
Anyway, back to the writing...The last time I wrote a play, it came from the perspective of a father reading the Christmas story to his two sons, a favorite of the children which was once read by a certain loved one who had recently passed away. So it was pretty much a musical play.
This year I wanted to stick to the original story but give it a little more life in terms of dialogue and character. I have always wondered what the conversations would be like between Mary and Joseph especially when Mary found out she was with child through the power of the Holy Spirit. The Bible does not document in too much detail the birth of Jesus and what transpired between Mary and Joseph. Both the Gospels of Matthew and Luke document the essential elements like the visit by angel Gabriel to Mary, the visit to Joseph, Mary's magnificat, the birth of Jesus in a manger and such.
My curiosity took me beyond these elements to ponder upon the little bits of the story of Jesus' birth. Come to think of it, without Mary and Joseph's YES and having complete trust and confidence in God's plan, the birth of Jesus would have never happened and salvation would be lost. Of course God may have had a back up plan but this was indeed God's plan coming into perfection through Mary and Joseph's obedience to the will of God.
So, I am now writing the little conversations that may have taken place between Mary and Joseph...Am loving the flow of it so far and I hope those who watch the play will understand the concept of it. My prayer today is that God will work through my hands and my mind to write the conversations as how He wants me to. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment